Whether you are experiencing a leak or looking to upgrade your current system, Ocean Tower’s extensive roofing division can handle your needs. No matter what shape or size, our experts are always available to provide you with prompt and accurate service. We handle all commercial and residential applications including; coatings, built ups, single ply, shingles, and metal. Whether you need an emergency repair or gathering information for a future project, make the call to Ocean Tower today.
Low Slope and Flat Roofs One of the most common roof types in Ocean City, Low Slope roofs are basically classified as anything under a 3/12 pitch. Typical systems will consist of several layers of material starting with a concrete or wood substrate. There is usually a layer of insulation and then the actual roof product.
Products: Low slope products can be split into a few categories. Today the most common products by far are single ply (One Layer). They are usually chemically bonded to the surface or Mechanically attached via screws. The seams are then heat welded onsite.
- EPDM - Is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer). Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas.
- TPO - Is a single-ply reflective roofing membrane made from polyprophylene and ethylenepropylene rubber polymerized together.
- PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) PVC sheets are produced by calendaring, spread coating or extruding, and typically are reinforced with polyester or glass-fiber mats or scrim.
Other Low slope products include;
- Multi Ply or Built Up Roofing - Composed of several layers of bitumen surfaces and is finished up with an aggregate layer or coating. The fabrics or layers used on built-up roofing are called ply sheets. These sheets are commonly reinforced with fiberglass mats or organic mats depending on their application.
- Rolled Roofing – Granulated Asphalt that can be self-adhering or applied with a torch -** Vinyl** – Products like DuraDek or Intellideck incorporate a reinforced vinyl installed similarly to the single ply systems but utilized more for decks and patios -** Fiberglass** – It is made from extremely fine glass fibers combined with resins to produce a highquality construction material. Fiberglass has become one of the most popular materials for both indoor and outdoor installations.
- Silicon – 100% Silicon Coatings are a great way to reduce costs and give your roof a fresh look. Ocean Tower is a certified installer with several manufacturers and can assist you in any type of Low slope application. Current Manufacturers are; Duro-Last, Mule Hide, Carlisle, Firestone, GAF, DuraDek and Gaco.
Codes: Currently Ocean City follows the IBC (International Building Code) and the IECC (International Energy Compliance Code). Understanding these codes and how they affect you is very important in selecting a new roof product. The product that you are proposing must meet wind lift requirements which will need to be certified by a structural engineer. New drainage requirements as well as aggregate R values also come into play and could impact your job. Ocean Tower will handle the entire permit process from start to finish to make sure your new roof is compliant and up to date.
Warranties: While products can be similar, warranties can be very different. There are 2 things to consider when discussing warranties. What is covered and what is “Excluded”. Did you know that 90% of warranties are only describing coverage on a single family detached home? If you do not live in a single family detached home, then your warranty may be very different from what was advertised. Did you know that some manufacturers may slip in “Coastal Restrictions” that could void your entire warranty if you live in a Coastal Area?
Ocean Tower Construction has spent years working with manufacturers who specifically handle coastal applications as well as Multifamily and Commercial Warranties.
Pitched or steep slope roofing: -** Asphalt Shingles**- The most common type of residential roofing is Asphalt shingles. They offer a variety of styles and options and can be installed year-round. While today, most manufactures produce a very similar product, Owens Corning has consistently stepped up to bring new products and better coverage to our clients. Offering the Industries only reinforced nailing strip allowing them to meet code with only 4 nails per shingle while all others require 6, they have become our most recommended shingle.
- Cedar- Natural Cedar Roofs are great options and with a little bit of maintenance can last a lifetime. Ocean Tower offers Cedar Shakes, Cedar Shingles, Rough Sawn, Perfections and R&R’s -** Slate**- While more common in artificial products now, Slate roofing has been a staple for 100’s of years. Ocean Tower offers Tru-Slate, Slateline and Enviro Slate
- Metal – Ocean Tower offers Aluminum roofing products from PAC-Perterson Aluminum. They are available in several styles of standing seam and over 26 Kynar coated colors. Peterson offers a 30 Coastal Finish Warranty on all their products.
- Curved – Ocean Tower Installs curved and barrel roofs in both standing seam and Copper.
Ocean Tower Construction LLC is fully licensed and insured to operate in Ocean City Maryland, as well as all surrounding towns and communities. Our services include;
- 24/7 Water Mitigation
- Roof Inspections
- Insurance Inspections
- Yearly Maintenance
- Leak investigations
- Water Tests
- Custom Design
- Detailed Proposals
- Comprehensive Warranties